Who would like a taste of peace? I know I would! Come and read along with me. Let’s see what some notable people have to say about peace!
- If you are depressed, you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present. Lao Tzu
- When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix
- While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart. St. Francis of Assissi
- There are two ways of spreading light, to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. Edith Wharton
- If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliche that must have been left behind in the 60s, that’s a problem. Peace and love are eternal. John Lennon
- If you want to end the war then instead of sending guns, send books. Instead of sending tanks, send pens. Instead of sending soldiers, send teachers. Malala Yousafzai (17 year-old Nobel Peace Laureate)
- Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
- If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner. Nelson Mandela
- If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. Mother Teresa
- When you make peace with yourself, you make peace with the world. Maha Ghosananda
Resources for Tastes of Peace
You may be curious as to how Malala Yousafzai became the world’s youngest Nobel Peace Laureate. This is her story. https://malala.org/malalas-story
In conclusion, I’ve heard that peace is an inside job. Here a favorite site on achieving inner peace. Many of the tips are things that certainly do bring me peace of mind. https://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/40-ways-achieve-peace-mind-and-inner-calm.html The “Arts and Society” blog post listed below is an interview with Dr. Kevin Shorner-Johnson who started the focus upon the “intersection of peacebuilding and music education” at Elizabethtown University. May you find a taste of peace by sampling some of these delectable bits of advice!