Well initially, it was thanks to my Dracaena Marginata ‘Tricolor’ (pictured above) that I was given the theme of balance. This houseplant has been in our home for over three decades. Not long ago, we divided this leggy plant by air layering. There is always a fine equilibrium between type of soil and kind of pot with the species of plant. I’d decided the divided plants needed to be repotted with a different type of soil. The other soil was holding too much moisture. In just a couple of weeks, one of the two plants showed me how happy it is by intensifying the depth of color in the leaves! Just think if we could have more of this harmony in our lives! What could happen for us then? How could this be achieved?
Balance in Life
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. Albert Einstein
- The body needs its rest, and sleep is extremely important in any health regimen. There should be three main things: eating, exercise and sleep. All three, together in the right balance makes for a truly healthy lifestyle. Rohit Shetty
Find it in Art
- It’s all in how you arrange the thing…, the careful balance of the design is the motion. Andrew Wyeth
- What I dream of is an art of balance, of purity and serenity devoid of troubling or depressing subject matter – a soothing, calming influence on the mind, rather like a good armchair which provides relaxation from physical fatigue. Henri Matisse
- Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life – learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some. Robert Fulgham
- Find your balance and stand with it, … your song and sing it out, … your cadence and let it appear like a dance. Find the questions that only you know how to ask and the answers that you are content to not know. Mary Anne Radmacher
Grief needs it, too!
- Through substitute activities, therapy, and hard work, grieving individuals can work through their anger and progress to live more balanced lives. Valerie Orr
- There is a fine balance between honoring the past and losing yourself in it. For example, you can acknowledge and learn from mistakes you made, and then move on and refocus on the now. It is called forgiving yourself. Eckhart Tolle
- If you restore balance in your own self, you will be contributing immensely to the healing of the world. Deepak Chopra
- Love is the undisturbed balance that binds this universe together. Mahavatar Babaji
- Life is balance of holding on and letting go. Rumi
- Balance is the perfect state of still water. Let that be our model. Confucius
Here is a helpful link for healthy grieving: https://www.washington.edu/counseling/resources-for-students/healthy-grieving/. These are a couple of blog posts on grief: What is a Vilomah? and ERASE GRIEF. Finally, may you ponder what ways your life could use more balance.