Ah, there is nothing like the first good snow cover to begin to hear the call of the winter! It always seems to capture that childlike enthusiasm of a classroom of students upon getting to play in the early snows of the season. I reminisce the wonder of students in creating their own paper snowflakes, each as unique as the children who created them.
- It was the kind of snow that brought children running out their doors, made them turn their faces skyward, and spin in circles with their arms outstretched. Eowyn Ivey
- The color of springtime is flowers; the color of winter is in our imagination. Terri Guillemets
- Snow flurries began to fall and they swirled around people’s legs like house cats. It was magical, this snow globe world. Sarah Addison Allen
Nature’s Winter Artistry
A fresh snow brings out the artist in me, searching for beauty in the world. A memorable time was had when my husband and I went on a hike through pastures following an eight inch snow. It was quite a workout, but we captured some amazing photos!
- I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape – the loneliness of it; the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn’t show. Andrew Wyeth
- It is the life of the crystal, the architect of the flake, the fire of the frost, the soul of the sunbeam. This crisp winter air is full of it. John Burroughs
- Kindness is like snow – it beautifies everything it covers. Kalil Gibran
Call of the Winter Wisdom
Winter is a time of rebuilding and replenishing.
- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer. Albert Camus
- The fire is winter’s fruit. Arabian Proverb
- Winter is a season of recovery and preparation. Paul Theroux
- That’s what winter is: an exercise in remembering how to still yourself then how to come pliantly back to life again. Ali Smith
Here is a link for some fun outdoor winter activities: https://www.moneycrashers.com/fun-outdoor-winter-activities-kids-adults/May you relish whatever season you inhabit as that is the best strategy of all!
2 thoughts on “Call of the Winter”
LOVE this ‘take’on Winter!It Soo Very much is a sensory of finding the artistry of the first snowfall& classroom of kids.THANKS❤️
Thank YOU, Carol!