Springtime is perfect for inviting us to express joy! Just think of the beautiful warm colors in this tulip bloom for perking us up after a long winter. Just as spring is renewing the cycle of life, so is joy renewing. In fact, let’s think of joy as a renewable resource!
- Spring’s greatest joy beyond a doubt is when it brings the children out. Edgar Guest
- Joy can be found in the simplest things: watching a robin build her nest, receiving a dandelion bouquet from a child, taking a walk on a summer’s eve, or feasting on a home cooked meal. Anne Costa
- A flower blossoms for its own joy. Oscar Wilde
- You have to sniff out joy. Keep your nose to the joy trail. Buffy Saint-Marie
In order to spread joy, we need to share it with others. This helps to renew joy, not only with ourselves, but with the world as well.
- Spread joy. Chase your wildest dreams. Patch Adams
- To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with. Mark Twain
- Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joy, and dividing our grief. Joseph Addison
- The simple presence of a pet can offer lightness and a joy, a sense of connection, and an invitation to be uninhibitedly ourselves in a way that is both unique and priceless. David Michie
Feel Joy When You Express It!
- When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
- Joy is the feeling of grinning inside. Melba Colgrove
- She found joy and wonder in every little thing. And joy and wonder always found her. Katrina Mayer
- Joy is to fun what the deep sea is to a puddle. It’s a feeling inside that can hardly be contained. Terry Pratchett
May you express joy, spread joy and feel joy! If you’d like a little more encouragement to bring on the joy, check out Speaks with Sunshine. It is in the sharing of this precious renewable resource of joy that we plant these seeds!