It is the season to find this beautiful emotion! Do you try to follow your joy? Remember that grief is the complete opposite emotion. To cope with grief, it helps to follow what brings us to a blissful place. Allow me to help you to find it. First of all, check out these quotes for a little inspiration. Secondly, enjoy a few of my other posts on positive emotions as well as on transforming grief.
- Find ecstasy in life, the mere sense of living is joy enough. Emily Dickinson
- Balance, peace and joy are the fruit of a successful life. It starts with recognizing your talents and finding ways to serve others by using them. Thomas Kinkade
- There are souls in this world who have the gift of finding joy everywhere, and leaving it behind them when they go. Frederick William Faber
- A thing of beauty is a joy forever : its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness. John Keats
- Joy is the simplest form of gratitude. Karl Barth
- I define joy as a sustained sense of well-being and internal peace – a connection to what matters. Oprah Winfrey
- Beauty is whatever gives joy. Edna St. Vincent Millay
- To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with. Mark Twain
- When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
- Joy is to fun what the deep sea is to a puddle. It’s a feeling inside that can hardly be contained. Terry Pratchett
How do you follow your joy?
Finally, think about what brings you to this beautiful emotion. Is it being with your family and friends? Is it possible to find it in being in the great outdoors? What kinds of creativity may bring you there- playing music, making art, cooking food or writing words? Perhaps it is in being generous by giving of your resources or talents to others? Does exercise bring on this powerful emotion? You must simply listen to your heart. May you find copious amounts of this wondrous feeling, overflowing to you and yours this holiday season! For this I hope you are contagious!
Here are some other posts to help you to bring more positive emotions into your life: http://Speaks with Sunshine, Treat Yourself to Ambience! and the last one which by transforming our grief changes it to the blissful emotion of joy Tuning into Healing: Grief.