Green April #WordPrompt #WordPress
This color can mean so many things. First of all, it can remind us to eat our veggies. Perhaps it could be paired with technology. Our current season of spring beginning to color up the northern hemisphere comes to mind. Someone could be a greenhorn on a project. Another person could be envious. While the first three had potential for me, I decided to give the arts the greenlight. What do people in the arts have to say about this color?
Here are some of my favorite quotes!
- The color up there is different… the blue-green of the sage and mountains, the wild flowers in bloom. It’s a different color than I’ve ever seen – there’s nothing like it in Texas or even in Colorado. And it’s not just the color that attracted me either. The world is so wide up there, so big. Georgia O’Keeffe
- In the hierarchy of colors, green represents the social middle class, self-satisfied, immovable, narrow… Wassily Kandinsky
- Even in winter, it shall be green in my heart. Frederick Chopin
- Since the appearance of impressionism, the official salons, which used to be brown, have become blue, green and red. Claude Monet
- Green calm below, blue quietness above. John Greenleaf Whittier
Five More Green Quotes
- If we were to imagine an orange on the blue side or green on the red side or violet on the yellow side, it would give us the same impression as a north wind coming from the southwest. Ludwig Wittgenstein
- They’ll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese, emerald and cadmium and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never. Pablo Picasso
- When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, And the dimpling stream runs laughing by; When the air does laugh with our merry wit, And the green hill laughs with the noise of it. William Blake
- The Mediterranean has the color of mackerel, changeable I mean. You don’t always know if it is green or violet, you can’t even say it’s blue, because the next moment the changing reflection has taken on a tint of rose or gray. Vincent Van Gogh
- All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites. Marc Chagall
The wisdom of our color friends
Following my gathering of our gorgeous hue, I felt quite attracted by the wisdom in Marc Chagall’s quote. Allow me to elaborate! Initially in thinking of our special color, I noted that it is directly smack dab in the middle of the colors of the rainbow. All the colors blend in nicely with their neighbors without overstepping their bounds. When an artist pairs opposite colors (i.e. complementary colors), such as blue and orange, each brightens the other in their proximity. Kermit the Frog always says, “It isn’t easy being green.” Perhaps it isn’t always easy for our neighbors either? If we all treated our friends and neighbors around the world as colors do to one another, how beautiful it would be!
If you’d like to learn a bit more about famous artists, check out Vincent Van Gogh or Michelangelo – Reach and Look Up!. Here is another site regarding finding wisdom in the arts: https://www.nextavenue.org/finding-wisdom-in-the-arts/.