It is inspiring to contemplate certain holiday quotes from classic Christmas movies. These help to focus upon what the important things are in life.
- Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. It’s a Wonderful Life
- I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all really. Maybe it just needs a little more love. A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Oh, Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind. Miracle on 34th Street
- The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear. Elf
- When we’re together, it’s my favorite place to be. Olaf’s Frozen Adventure
- This is extremely important. Will you please tell Santa that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back. No toys. Home Alone
- Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see. The Polar Express
- Be grateful for your gifts. They are all around you. Toy Story Christmas
- There’s great beauty in this world if you just have the eyes to see it. Bells of St. Mary’s
- God bless us, every one! A Christmas Carol
Coping with Holiday Grief
Even with all the good cheer and wonder of the season, holidays can be a challenging time if you are missing a certain someone(s). Here is another post of a favorite holiday memory of mine: OUR VISITOR. It is regarding one of my most amazing signs from our dearly departed son. If this is a first holiday in missing a loved one, perhaps you may want to read this resource: https://thepsychologygroup.com/how-to-cope-with-grief-during-the-holidays/ or my Empty Chair Holidays.
Pondering this grouping of holiday quotes may make you nostalgic for these movies or for times past with family and friends. It seems to be the intangibles – love, beauty, caring – which make this blessed time of year so touching. May you be gifted with time shared with you and yours this holiday season.