Are you ready for autumn? Think about fall, that in between place where there is an equality between the light and the dark. What about getting a reprieve from the heat of summer? Let’s enjoy ten seasonal quotes in anticipation of the next three months!
- The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like they’re falling in love with the ground. Andrea Gibson
- Autumn is springtime in reverse. Terry Guillemet
- As long as autumn lasts, I shall not have hands, canvas and colors enough to paint the beautiful things I see. Vincent Van Gogh
- Give me juicy autumnal fruit, red and ripe from the orchard. Walt Whitman
- It’s the first day of autumn! A time of hot chocolatey mornings, and toasty marshmallow evenings, and, best of all, leaping into leaves! Winnie the Pooh
- Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird, I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. George Eliot
- Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day. Shira Tamir
- Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. John Muir
- Every leaf speaks bliss to me/Fluttering from the autumn tree. Emily Bronte
- Autumn leaves don’t fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar. Delia Owens
Ready? Autumn Wishes for you!
Are you ready for autumn yet? If you are in the northern hemisphere, may you revel in the glorious splashes of warm color. This is nature’s way of allowing the warmth of summer to linger at least visually. For those who live in the Midwestern United States’ corn belt, give yourself a moment near a cornfield. Take in the sounds of the season, listening to the dry leaves rustle in the gentle breeze. May we be like Winnie and Walt by indulging in timely fall season treats! Here is a link for some fall family oriented outdoor activities: https://cafemom.com/lifestyle/214827-affordable-outdoor-activities. WATCHING THE RIVER RUN is another post of mine describing the beauty of all four seasons in our area. Allow all these experiences to shake you alive with wonder. Last, but not least, no matter where you live, remember to dance and soar as a freely flying leaf of fall!
I hope my writings give you a sense of comfort! Feel free to subscribe to my weekly blog – go to the very top of page, click on Follow Blog and enter your email. Thanks for reading!