First of all, my artist and poet self longs to share my ten musings on beauty. Later on, you will have the opportunity to share what you find beautiful.
- Beauty fluffs the artists’ brushes, sharpens the poets’ pencils and clears the singers’ throats.
- The concept of beauty makes lovers’ hearts swoon.
- We are drawn to inhale the colors of delicate spring flowers. Summer invites us to exhale gorgeous sunsets. Our breath quickens when we jump and laugh through crisp, crunchy autumn leaves. Leaping through fluffy piles of snow frees our breath to dance with the snow flakes.
- Nature’s bountiful beauty is the best out-of-house doctor. She deepens the breath, calms the heart and soothes the soul.
- Beauty confirms the existence of our Creator.
- The early morning chorus of robin chirps, mourning dove coos and starling chatters invite a beautiful start to the day.
- This birthing and unfurling of tree leaves and fresh tufts of green grass cause beauty to echo through the valleys and across the hilltops.
- Beautiful is the tickle of six butterfly legs tenderly treading upon our skin, reminding us of this miraculous life.
- It is a beautiful sight to see baby calves frolic in fields while fawns tiptoe.
- The breaking dawn, just as the first sprouts of a garden, offers the beautiful promise of new chances and opportunities.
What are your musings on beauty?
Now, here is your chance to contemplate what beauty means to you! Acknowledging visual, auditory and spiritual beauty is a powerful and beneficial gratitude practice. I invite you to listen to this inspiring piece of music while you ponder your sense of beauty. I will let you know in the last paragraph what I’d like to know!
Here is a resource explaining the connection between beauty and happiness: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/08/the-beautyhappiness-connection/375678. Here are three of my other blogs with the theme of appreciating the beauty in nature: The Mirror Tree, WATCHING THE RIVER RUN and My Mother’s Day Guest.
Finally, I’d like you to share in the comments section what your thoughts are on beauty! Thank-you in advance for sharing!