It is the time of year when many may more fully turn their thoughts toward love. But then, anytime is always a wonderful time to think about love! Our focus will be on self and romantic love as well as love for humankind.
- I’m a big believer in ‘you must love yourself before you can love anybody else’, and I think for me that breeds the most inspired relationships. Scarlett Johansson
- We accept the love we think we deserve. Stephen Chbosky
- Love yourself first and everything falls into line. Lucille Ball
- To love is to recognize yourself in another. Eckhart Tolle
Romantic Love Thoughts
- My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep. The more I give thee, the more I have, for both are infinite. William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
- To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. David Viscott
- Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction. Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- You are my sun, my moon, and all my stars. e e cummings
Love for Humankind
- Love is such a powerful force. It’s there for everyone to embrace – that kind of unconditional love for all of humankind. That is the kind of love that impels people to go into the community and try to change conditions for others, to take risks for what they believe in. Coretta Scott King
- Love is the whole thing. We are only the pieces. Rumi
- Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. Oprah Winfrey
- I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more potent than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death. Robert Fulghum
When we turn our thoughts toward love, we are allowing our bodies to heal, our relationships to heal, our world to heal. Here is an amazing site on this healing power: https://www.laughteronlineuniversity.com/healing-power-love/ Two of my posts illustrate how a more loving manner could change your world: Speaks with Sunshine and Your Thoughts Are Seeds. Remember, no matter the question, that love is the ultimate answer!