How can we make this winter cozy? Hygge (pronounced HOO-gah) is a Danish and Norwegian word for making the indoors comfy during the cold winter months. I’d like to share my winter cozy, Iowa style!
1. Bring the outdoors in! Indoor plants can remind us of being outdoors during warmer weather. Here is a link on the benefits of plants: https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-home-guide/benefits-of-indoor-plants
2. Snuggle up with a lovely afghan. Enjoy the beauty of the stitches while it caresses you in warmth!
3. Make yourself a favorite hot drink. Mine is a warming spice based tea.
4. Take a hot bath in scented epsom salts and soak in the steamy goodness while you detoxify. Here is a post detailing reasons as to why this is a healthy practice! WASH AWAY NEGATIVITY!
5. While using actual sunlight or a natural sunlight lamp, do some artwork or writing. Here is a link on why sunlight is so important for us. https://elemental.green/15-reasons-you-need-as-much-natural-lighting-in-your-home-as-possible/ Here is a post I shared on CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING and why it is so vital.
6. Bake several loaves of homemade bread or make an entire meal in the oven. Either heats up the kitchen, nice and toasty!
7. Listen to music to create a sense of ambience. Here are some suggestions for your listening pleasure during leisurely meals: Treat Yourself to Ambience!
8. Play an instrument to warm your heart!
9. Exercise your brain with Sudoku or your physical body with your Exercycle.
10. Read a good book. Couple it with that afghan and hot beverage! If you aren’t yet winter cozy, one could always invite a friend to engage in a snow scooping race!
Stay cozy this winter!